“Man go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.”
– St. Augustine
“We are like chameleons, we take our hue and the colour of our moral character from those who are around us.”
– John Locke.
Every blessed day we are fortunate to witness is accompanied by a wealth of experience we encounter; each experience we encounter is accompanied by a bundle of influence born in our minds. The influences in turn shape our personality; our thoughts, habits, character hence the decisions we make in our lives. The day-to-day decisions we make eventually sums up to our destiny.
From all of this, it becomes evident, the role that experience and thus influence play in our individual lives. But then…
How does experience become influence? Continue reading “INFLUENCE II: THE DOVE vs THE WOLF”
For Humans only (No machines allowed):
The mind is probably the most powerful element of the human “be-ing”:
- The dwelling place of all our feelings (good and evil).
- The very origin of our personalities.
- The source of all great things ever made (by man).
It leaves one in immense wonder, how this powerful gift to mankind is never fully nurtured and utilized by many and is left to rut with neglect. Continue reading “THE BEGINNING: The Mind Unveiled”
“The influences you allow into your life will make you either a time bomb about to explode or a rising star about to shine its light on the world.”
– Mind Convos
- Have you ever heard an unfamiliar song (by chance) and a few minutes later, you find yourself subconsciously humming the tunes or lyrics of the song?
- Have you ever watched a movie or read a book and later you find yourself using certain words or expressions from the movie or book?
➡there lies the power of Influence! Continue reading “INFLUENCE: a rising star or a time bomb?”